Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - HOW TO ADD FOG Accent Lights
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #23
momsgonnafindme
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65928
What I Drive: 2003 competition orange svtf

FF Reputation: 1 momsgonnafindme Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppetman View Post
oh i see he used the ashtray for the switches. i dont have an ashtray in my 07 so finding switch locations is tricky. i just put one next to my headlight switch in the dash though. it barley fit but it looks almost like its supossed to be there

yeah if you want to write a wiring tutorial, id say just cover the basics like wire splicing, how to use the splice connects/wirecaps/heatshrinks, whats involved to wire to a switch (what prong on the switch is used for what), and how to tap into to a power source safley.

just the general stuff people need to get started. you wouldnt have to get into the resistors and soldering though lol. i know you enjoy doing it and i evy you for having the patience, but its not really necessary with the products that are available.
ive never used splice connects or wirecap except for the little thing i used for my battery
id love to get my hands on some switches and stuff for the site..and while no soldiering isnt a need for a job to get done. it could be the difference of having to redo the job after a connector fell off

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmasta682 View Post
looks great finished
thank you :] i recently helped a friend out too with his scion, he bought blue bulbs for his daytime running lights but they looked white. i dremeled the bulb and clipped the filiment, soldiered and led and resistor to the pins in the bulb, hot glued to prevent shorts, and spray painted it black so it looked cleaner.. how he has blue daytime running lights :]
#1182/6158
one of only 301 comp orange 3door svtf
when i turn my car on, it returns the favor