Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65928
What I Drive: 2003 competition orange svtf

FF Reputation: 1 momsgonnafindme Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetrinka View Post
Why didn't you wire them in parallel?
i have a bunch of resistors for one led, so i just used them that way.. i could have just wired 3 leds in series but i didnt want that much light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Focused4Life View Post
Just be careful....blue lights will get you pulled over again and again and again. And you don't want a "Inpersonating a police office" ticket.
if your parked the lights are fine, just no driving with them. i may change the color in the future if i see fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorinAlaska View Post
lol most people just buy pre-resisted LEDs. glad to see you did it on your own.

Why not make a second hole in the casing to retain the original lights?

Good job, next time put "HOW-TO" in the title. :]
i like doing electrical work on my own, theres more pride in your work if you do the dirty stuff your self, so to speak
and i do have the orginal lights in still, thats why i mention the hole covered by the sticker,, idk what the hole is for, but i used it for leds. that way i still have my fogs, otherwise i would have just hooked the leds to the fog light harness instead of the seperate switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by brachiopod9898 View Post
Let us know how the hot-melt glue holds up.
i think it should be fine,, leds dont produce enough heat to melt the glue, im not sure about the stock bulb, but i guess ill find out soon enough.. if it ends up melting ill redo it with silicone probably. i just wanted a water tight fit. dont really care how i acheive that so long as i do

and to sum it up, thank you guys for the positive feedback
i was nervous, this being my first tut..
thank you norcalfocus01 for changing the title, it was 4 in the morning by the time i finished and i didnt even think about that haha

oh, also btw everyone im 17, in highschool, and still living with mom.
and proud of it XD
#1182/6158
one of only 301 comp orange 3door svtf
when i turn my car on, it returns the favor