Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Under $30 mods here!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #209
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

Points 7,523, Level 57
Points: 7,523, Level: 57 Points: 7,523, Level: 57 Points: 7,523, Level: 57
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteCaspian View Post
Crazy thread.

Here are mine, so far:

1)

Not sure if the US and UK models have these, but here in Canada, you get these cheesy bright yellow and offensive warning/instructional stickers, written in two languages, on the visors. Horrible, right in your face. First week I had the car, I had to cover up those! I used a product I use in graphic design and signage, Avery® White Permanent Durable ID Labels for Laser Printers 6579
They are highly durable, have a high tack, resistant to elements (even used them outdoors in rain and direct sun).
Just make your own design using your design software. I would recommend making them 2mm or 1/8" wider and longer to fully cover the existing label and it creates a bit of a beveled look. Very tacky... place slow and sure, you only get one chance!
Cost: .50
Time: 45 min from design to print, trim, to application.

I actually just did a similar mod, except I went for the full delete of the labels. Here is my how to:
1. Park in the sun, leave visors down, windows up.
2. Come back the car a few hours later
3. Peel those things off
Cost: $0.00
Time: 1 minute per visor

I actually was in a rush to get to work last week and forgot about the windows and had left the visors down due to the bright morning sun. When I got off work my car was nice and toasty inside. Saw those stupid stickers, pulled at the one and realized it would come off. Ill post a picture later