apex214
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37876
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT, silver

FF Reputation: 43 apex214 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Site DSI View Post
yea thats wut i kinda post 4 times or so it still new so not many parts, the ones i found r universal parts, but i can still try to get upgrades to the FIA Specs and i kno its going to be a long time before it anywhere near FIA Spec rally car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo305 View Post
Ok, but it's probably a waste of your money to buy racing seats that aren't FIA certified only to get FIA ones down the road. The only stuff you'd being doing would be autocross and rallycross, where a better seat is not going to make much of a difference. Certainly not a difference worth $1000+.
I think the excellent advice of the experienced rally runners here (which does not include me, for the record) is falling on deaf ears. "FIA spec rally car" is pretty much a meaningless statement. Not understanding what "FIA certified" means in reference to critical safety gear such as a driver's seat is telling, unfortunately.

The OP has to get facts and reality of racing straight: Assess your budget, in time and money, decide what sort of racing you're interested in, examine the rule book for that class of racing, choose a vehicle that is well supported by race part makers and suppliers (otherwise you have to make a lot yourself), estimate the costs of required safety gear (and always get the best you can barely afford...you can replace a damaged car, not a damaged driver!), minimum sensible required car preparation and modification, travel, event and spare parts costs etc etc, then add a big chunk on top of that for unforeseen events, then compare to your budget. Do the numbers add up? The answer there will tell you if you're being realistic or just dreaming the impossible dream.

That's just a rehashing of what all the rallyers have said already, many times over. Take it all seriously...