apex214
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37876
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT, silver

FF Reputation: 43 apex214 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
FWIW, Both NASA and Rally America have required sticker packages (have to keep their sponsors happy and what's worse you have to buy the stickers from them). They're definitely required if you want to be eligible for contingency money and awards. They pretty much tell you where they have to be placed and that will determine what's left for your sponsors. This may change your design concept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbbaseball View Post
If you are going to rally in Rally America, ur gonna wanna start in production class. ur gonna wanna budget more!!! 1500 for each Hans Device setup and safety suit. 1k for entrance fees, and tires, etc. anyways, i would hold off on the paint!!!! its gonna get dinged up!!! its a fact!!! rally in stock form!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo305 View Post
maybe you started off on the wrong foot, but we didn't see in your OP a list of parts that you'd need to upgrade your car, like what mlbaseball listed. That list would have clued everyone in to the fact that you're going down the right tracks research wise.

Instead we saw only some paint schemes, spoiler mods, and accessorization of a car that you purport to want to rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo305 View Post
That's an awful price, but either way, don't bother trying to make power on this car if you're gonna rally it.

double check these are FIA certified; I couldn't see that it was anywhere.

Just pick up the Ford Racing rally brake kit. These guys might have a caliper configuration that'll prevent you from running a 15" or 16" wheel.

If there's one thing you can't cheap out on, it's suspension. Look for a used set of quality suspension bits. Rally suspension needs are very different from street or track suspension.

You shouldn't worry about this stuff. None of it is keeping you from getting on stage. A complete RallyAmerica graphics package is like $45 or something.
I have to agree 110% (!!) with all these folks. I don't see a sensible plan forming here. Cosmetics and useless wings are NOT essential to rallying. They WILL eat up money that should go to purely functional changes to the car, and safety gear for the driver. If you seriously intend on getting involved in any motorsport, read the rule book, find out exactly what is required to even get past the front door so to speak. Cartoon paint jobs and ineffective aero devices just don't make sense to the mind of a racer, no matter how "amateur" or "small budget" he or she is. Novice racers start out with the best equipment they can barely afford, not overpriced and inappropriate blingy hardware. I'm sure others will agree with that point.