Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Richbrook Brake & Bezel Bling-i-fi-cation
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
shepski
Banned

Fan#: 45523
What I Drive: '04 CD Silver SVT ZX5, #328 of 1079

FF Reputation: 53 shepski Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolgripbmx View Post
that looks great, prerfect example of the right way to paint the interior.
Thanks - I like to think so.

(But for some alternative - ahem - "taste"s, see pics below...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolgripbmx View Post
where did you get that shifter surround, i've been wanting to find one of those for the longest time, just never knew what it was or where to look.
Yeah, I'd been eyeing the Steeda ones for a while, but kept thinking I could just remove the center part of the SVT bezel and have that professionally painted (NOT! Only the SVT bezels with traction/seat-heater buttons remove); then thought I'd get an ST170 one with the silver bezel...

Anyway, when I finally decided to go Steeda, they didn't offer 'em anymore.

I freaked for a few months and somehow discovered the Richbrook one - perhaps by surfing eBay. Then I saw a number of happy customers on www.ffoc.co.uk and went for it.

It's a nice, solid piece, and takes powdercoat real well - as you can see (unless you like chrome).

(Oh yeah, see my response to SVTRSST above for leads on where to get it...)

Here are some pics from www.ffoc.co.uk (not saying they're my cup of tea or anything), but you can see more examples of it in chrome (not to mention my e-brake handle in the first car - although I don't know what he was thinking with the brake-boot fitment):