Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus Rally Project
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
afraziaaaa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47383
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 24 afraziaaaa Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Site DSI View Post

Yes afraziaaaa im going to make it a rally car. now is it going to be a hard really WRC car dont really kno cause the teams put hundreds of thousands of dollars into performance and safty.

Now so far both of u went around the question about the paint idea.
I didn't answer your question because I wasn't sure of your intent with the car.

Honestly, and I will try my best to remain humble and not to offend you, but I think you need to rethink where you are going to be spending your money on this car.

If you want to really make it a rally car, put your $1500 elsewhere into the car. Performance should come first IMO. I am assuming that $1500 is not your end budget, but just what you are starting with. Think about a good set of brakes instead of the paint. I don't know much about rally racing other than it's cool but I assume that you need the lights and such to race. If you don't need the lights, then forget em for now and use that money for seats and your cage. If I understand you correctly, you are going to fabricate the cage yourself, correct? Suspension should come before paint as well IMO.

Also, what are your plans as far as drivetrain?

To answer your question directly, I like your styling but I think you have your priorities out of order. The paint would be cool if you had everything else done first.