Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Post 60ft times on the getrag w/LSD wo/LSD
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 02:13 AM   #5
ffwturbo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32374
What I Drive: 02 Sonic Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 3 ffwturbo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
there is no reason you should not be able to get those numbers on a getrag

however i think you should be warned. getting numbers like mine come with a heavy price. be ready to break alot of stuff getting those sub 2 sec 60ft times. i'd say 1.85sec 60ft and up would be safe on a basically stock tranny. much under that you will start snapping axles, blowing motor mounts, breaking the bracket that the lower tranny mount bolts to, busting transmission cases, exploding diff's, et cetera. (i have had all of those happen to me at least once except for the busting the transmission case). i exploded the diff before i got my torsen LSD. IMO quaife and torsen are bulletproof.
Thanks, for the warning. I have blown some diffs and it sucks to be towed back to the house. Not in my SVTF but when I had a 91 Civic Hatch... lol.. I really will be happy with a 2.0/ 2.1 on street tires and make it up at the top end. I dont spray off the line, but just before I shift to second so, I hope I can get enough power to the ground without the spray off the line.