Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - tried everything electrical problem on 05 ford focus need help
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macados View Post
This sound like a problem I'm having in my ZX4. Just bought it 4 months ago. If you can fix the problem, let me know what works. I'll keep the alternator in mind. My IAC is clicking (I just learned from a different thread). It seems there are a lot of culprits to this issue.
The clicking IAC is an effect not a cause of that problem.

Honestly Ghost, I wish I could say for sure, but this is a problem that really has to be diagnosed only by working on the vehicle. It could be something simple, or something profound. My first advice is always to check the battery connections- specifically the neg terminal. I'd go so far as to check the alternator hot, and the starter hot. I know you are a mother, and likely can't do that without a mechanic's assistance. I'd surely hope that the mechanic who worked on the car previously would've checked that.

Other locations that deserve inspection are the bulkhead connector, and the fuse boxes.

Intermittent electrical problems are nightmares to trace down. I'm sorry you have one. It can happen to any car. I have an 05 as well, 85k miles and no problems aside of regular maintenance.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.