View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #18
thehubster
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46763
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 2 thehubster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
well i went to my first autocross today and oh my goodness it was the best day of my life. working wasnt even that bad. i worked the first heat and it gave be a chance to watch and learn alittle. It was really cool. Then i got my car out there. oh my i never new my car could go like that but i must say that my tires are not good for autox. i was squeeling the whole way around. i had one of the guys ride with me and he said that i had good lines but i just wasn't agressive enough. so he set me up with a ride along. It was in a race car. this guy had rebuilt a lancer evo. it was completely stiped on the inside and it had every suspension mod imaginable. that car was a beast. he took off and i couldn't even pick my head of the seat. it was the craziest 46 second ride i have ever taken. and man that dude was an agressive driver. so my next run i get in my car and i pushed it. knocked nearly 3 seconds off my time. The best time i got while i was there was a 54.6. to put it in perspective the evo got a 46. i like my car even more now and i will deffinatly be doing this again. haha.

Here are a few pics of the cars that where there. unfortunatly i didn't get any photos of the car i road in.

this guy was really good and that car is awesome

this thing was awesome. one of the best looking cars out there. but it had to much power and it couldn't hold on to the road.

This guys name was steve and he was a real help though out the day.

So there you go and here is a link to a video of one of my runs. this guy was there and he was just taking videos.

http://www.fullsolo.org/videos/cover...x-john-huberty

hope you enjoy.