Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Calabogie Motorsports Park... should I go or not?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #9
tb1999
Focus Addict

Fan#: 44261
What I Drive: '05 ZX3 D2.3 & '03 Jag S-TYPE 4.2L

Points 23,596, Level 94
Points: 23,596, Level: 94 Points: 23,596, Level: 94 Points: 23,596, Level: 94
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 tb1999 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravter View Post
Wow boys, nice info.
Really appreciated.
My wife can actually be a passenger for a session. I'm not sure if she'll be wanting to do it, but it would be fun for her to see what she gave me :)
She paid 400$ for the whole day (350 + 50 (track orientation).
Track orientation means I will be getting an instructor for my first 25 minutes session.

Yup, I'm fairly familiar with most of these terms, especially turn-in, apex and track out. I'm going to start out my day fairly easy and go more into it in my last sessions.
It is 3 x 25 minutes in the morning and 4 x 25 minutes in the afternoon.

As far as brakes are concerned, I probably will get myself a fresh set of pads and bring in the car on Friday for a quick brake fluid change.
I might also have to change my tires as they are close to the wear bar (about 1-2 mm), and they are the OEM tires (Pirelli P06's). I've been looking at the Falken FK-452 tires as I need them to last longer than 10K Km's.

anyhoo, we'll see how things go and will post my comments / pictures afterwords :)
It sounds like you'll do just fine.

I'm not sure about exchange rates but I typically pay about $300-$350 USD for a full day at a premium track like Watkins Glen, or $200-$250 for an "add-on" infield track at a superspeedway like Pocono. It also depends on the club, and total seat time. If the times above are accurate and you don't have to pull out any disabled cars, you'll be getting about 3 hours on track, so that's a great value. Typically I'll only get an Hour or 1 1/4 hours for those prices. 4 X20 min. or so, but never more than 2 hours.

Please send updates and pics, and have fun!

Inventor of "The $0 Thunder Throttle" & "Focuzdax-7" brake swap.
I like the same qualities in women and pistons; Lightweight, fast, and with the smallest skirts possible...