Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Calabogie Motorsports Park... should I go or not?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
Gravter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34458
What I Drive: '07 ST, '07 Can-Am Outlander 800XT

FF Reputation: 1 Gravter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Wow boys, nice info.
Really appreciated.
My wife can actually be a passenger for a session. I'm not sure if she'll be wanting to do it, but it would be fun for her to see what she gave me :)
She paid 400$ for the whole day (350 + 50 (track orientation).
Track orientation means I will be getting an instructor for my first 25 minutes session.

Quote:
Be honest, are you familiar with basic "car control"?

Do you understand understeer/oversteer and how your throttle and brake inputs affect these?

Are you familair with basic cornering skills, and terms. Turn-in/Apex/Track Out?
Yup, I'm fairly familiar with most of these terms, especially turn-in, apex and track out. I'm going to start out my day fairly easy and go more into it in my last sessions.
It is 3 x 25 minutes in the morning and 4 x 25 minutes in the afternoon.

As far as brakes are concerned, I probably will get myself a fresh set of pads and bring in the car on Friday for a quick brake fluid change.
I might also have to change my tires as they are close to the wear bar (about 1-2 mm), and they are the OEM tires (Pirelli P06's). I've been looking at the Falken FK-452 tires as I need them to last longer than 10K Km's.

anyhoo, we'll see how things go and will post my comments / pictures afterwords :)
ST Crew #55
Team Duratec #62
Best 1/4 mile Time *stock* 15.700 @ 85.544
Best 1/4 mile speed *stock* 87.682