Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Need help. Car stalls while running.
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
jrdyfocus84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64726
What I Drive: 2001 Silver SE Sedan SPI

FF Reputation: 3 jrdyfocus84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
what year and model is your car?....certian models and year cars had a problem with their fuel sending unit... not the fuel pump... the entire sending unit... i had a problem with mine but somehow mine was not part of the recall so i had to replace mine myself... i had same symptoms... went to local pull a part pulled one for 20 bucks with warranty replaced it and had no problems since... may wanna check and see if your car is part of that recall...

here's ford's website to check your car...need your vin number http://www.ford.com/owner-services/c...ll-information

in my case what the problem was is that where the fuel line meets with the fuel pump in the top of the sending unit i would not seal and at certian times or turns or bumps would spit fuel back out into tank and loose pressure...
may not be your problem but i would at least check and see if your part of that recall may be a start...

if you do decide to do anything with your sending unit let me know i can tell you some easy tips to get it out without dropping your tank