Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Wish me luck!
Thread: Wish me luck!
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2013 Red ST & 2009 Focus Race Car

FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1999 View Post
The track condition is rough in some spots, but the patching seems to be holding up OK. The worst parts are obviously in the carousel and turn 1. There were no holes anywhere and you can use the entire track, but it's like a cheese grater in some spots. We walked the track saturday night, and it's not pretty.

I think our cars could make a run against the BMW's and RX7's, check out my video here > YOUTUBE - SUMMIT PT 05.31.09 My best time for the weekend was 1:30.47, which is 4 seconds faster than NASA'a current Spec Focus track record there. (BTW - I'm currently @ 2675 with full tank of gas and driver, with 1695/980 F/R split. The last dyno was putting 150 to the wheels.)

X2 on having a chance to meet and talk shop. I've got something I'm working on for brake cooling ducts, and I need to tighten up my chassis. The H&R race springs and Koni yellows are OK, but I need coil overs to set ride heights and corner weights, and I'm thinking I want to run at least double my current spring rates.
I have brake ducts on the SVT that seem to work pretty well, I can send you information on that. Are you able to run any spring and strut combination you like? Iím in the process of of change all that on my car. Iím going with a set of KW Ví3s with different spring the new set up will be 450 in the front and 550 in the rear.

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.