Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Wish me luck!
Thread: Wish me luck!
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
tb1999
Focus Addict

Fan#: 44261
What I Drive: '05 ZX3 D2.3 & '03 Jag S-TYPE 4.2L

FF Reputation: 47 tb1999 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Now with video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder02 View Post
Cool wish I could have made it out this weekend to watch. I was in the middle of a major overhaul with the SVT.

I hear what your talking about with the Classing of the car GaryK ran is SVT with EMRA it was also classed with the gen 2 RX7 and the BMW’s. the only real advantage we had was better fuel mileage in the longer races or if it rained.

How was the condition of the track, have they been able to fix all the bad pavement.

Hopefully I’ll be able to meet up with you some point this year, I’d love to talk shop with you about springs and brake and things.
The track condition is rough in some spots, but the patching seems to be holding up OK. The worst parts are obviously in the carousel and turn 1. There were no holes anywhere and you can use the entire track, but it's like a cheese grater in some spots. We walked the track saturday night, and it's not pretty.

I think our cars could make a run against the BMW's and RX7's, check out my video here > YOUTUBE - SUMMIT PT 05.31.09 My best time for the weekend was 1:30.47, which is 4 seconds faster than NASA'a current Spec Focus track record there. (BTW - I'm currently @ 2675 with full tank of gas and driver, with 1695/980 F/R split. The last dyno was putting 150 to the wheels.)

X2 on having a chance to meet and talk shop. I've got something I'm working on for brake cooling ducts, and I need to tighten up my chassis. The H&R race springs and Koni yellows are OK, but I need coil overs to set ride heights and corner weights, and I'm thinking I want to run at least double my current spring rates.

Inventor of "The $0 Thunder Throttle" & "Focuzdax-7" brake swap.
I like the same qualities in women and pistons; Lightweight, fast, and with the smallest skirts possible...