Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Whats your sway bar set up
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #20
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
I'm hooking myself up with some new suspension this year... The wagon responds a bit differently from all of the other cars due to the rear damper orientation and progressive rear springs.

OLD:
eibach pro-system for wagon (springs and dampers) (rears are progressive rate and overall a bit higher rate than the zx_ prokit rears)
stock 21mm front bar
stock 20mm rear bar with poly bushings
Torsen (huge difference in response)

This setup rotates like a merry-go-round, but turn-in is terrible, it oversteers a bit on exit and it is very unstable in transition. Synopsis: Eibach dampers are junk in the rebound department. So I wanted to get some rebound adjustability. Sadly, they dont sell Koni yellows for the wagon, I'd be stuck with Special D's. Luckily a very nice guy with a hot rod wagon pulled through...

NEW:
Eibach pro-kit springs (rears are progressive rate)
Koni Yellow (sport) front dampers
Bilstein PSS9 rear shocks ()
stock 21mm front bar with poly bushings
stock 20mm rear bar with poly bushings
Torsen

I recommend the poly bushings to everyone since the stock ones dont allow the bar to work properly as an anti-roll bar... they make them more of a third and fourth spring on each side...

Oh and I run in SM for other reasons. Not many SM cars in my region so I get bumped with the modded sti's and evo's .

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!

Last edited by illinipo; 05-25-2009 at 08:59 PM.