View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #22
tangerine dream
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50586
What I Drive: 2003 Competition Orange SVT

FF Reputation: 16 tangerine dream Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Well you guys sound like you have a decent plan started, I'll just throw in my $.02 worth:

I understand some of you guys want a big turnout, but understand that not every meet has to be a big one. Big meets are a little hard to plan and require a good bit of work from the planners and participants. The longer you have to plan, the better off you are at having a big meet.

Just for the record, the meet at Tom's originally started as a small local meet. We were thinking of meeting at Mr. K's, grabbing a bite to eat and just hanging out. I know things came together to make it a bigger meet, and that's cool. I'm glad it turned out to be a good time for all. However, since the main goal of starting the meets last year was to build local core group support, having small, regular group meets is the best way to achieve that. Sometimes people fall between the cracks when we make things large. I know I haven't seen some of you guys for quite a while and with money being tight, I can't really afford to do much more than grab a bite to eat with you guys and hang out.

Personally, I'd be fine with just meeting up at Concord Mills, having lunch at Macado's, and hanging out until whenever. If we leave it a little open on the end, then no one feels bad if they have to leave and those that want to cruise, shoot pool, or whatever can organize that when we all meet up.