Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 100,000+ Mileage Foci, Post here..
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #172
notafalcon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 65024
What I Drive: 2002 silver se wagon

FF Reputation: 1 notafalcon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
thanks for the welcome

some truly impressive totals mentioned in this thread, I haven't read them all but obviously a well engineered car the Focus is.
As to mine, I bought it new in October 2001. I change the oil and filter approx. every 7,000 miles without fail. I use cheapo Proline oil and whatever filter is on sale.
My driving is about 2/3 highway, and I generally go with the flow of traffic....usually. It puts up 31-36 miles/gallon.
The only repairs I've done are the front roll bar end links and the DPFE sensor(did the sensor twice but not in the last 150,000 miles).
The thing I like best about driving this car is the handling, more specifically the steering. I've had Preludes and Integras, and this steering is much better than either of them. The freakin' cargo carrying ability is off the chart, for a wagon of this size and with it's chassis dynamics.
I'm hoping she hangs in there until the new Focus comes to market....even then, I will not part easily with my faithful friend.