Old 04-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
focusowner2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 64551
What I Drive: 2005 focus estate

FF Reputation: 1 focusowner2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey
Ive got a 2005 focus estate, and my spring went a couple of days back.
I got a new spring from ford for 4, and then put it in this afternoon.
My lower mounting point looked kinda different to the photos already posted, but im pretty certain that ive got it in the correct position.
I did take some photos to upload to this forum, but I can't see how - it looks like you have to host them elsewhere and link to them?

Anyway, here is my advice...
It's nearly impossible to see the lower mounting point from lying with your back on the floor and your head under the dash. However, moving the steering wheel as far out and up as it will go affords a nice view from under the steering column. I also held my camera phone up under the dashboard with its light on enabling me to "see round corners"...
When fitting the spring, do the lower mounting point first, holding the spring vertically above the mounting point, and hooking in by moving the bottom of the spring towards the front of the car. Once it's hooked in, flop the spring towards the back of the car, and it lands on the pivot of the clutch pedal. Then get a screwdriver, and pull the free end of the spring onto the hook on top of the clutch pedal.

Hope it helps someone...