Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Thermostat housing leak
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #32
MarkZX3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 63511
What I Drive: 2003 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 MarkZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Okay I already posted that I got ripped off buying that thermostat housing, well I know what they done, and why they done it BUT! its still a rip off.
The main store that it came from was,
AutoPartsDirectToYou.com

Now in my confirmation check out email it showed the following information,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Parts Direct
AutoPartsDirectToYou.com Item #13257259
01 02 03 04 05 Ford Focus Water Outlet Housing Kit
Price: $44.99
Quantity: 1
Inventory SKU: 2902201-YS4Z8592BD-Focus
Notice it states "KIT"??
But also notice the SKU: part number (2902201-YS4Z8592BD)

After I got to looking at that number I noticed the first part of it 2902201, the Dorman kit number is 902-201 and the other part of the number is YS4Z-8592-BD that is the actual Ford part number for the item they sent me .

When I ordered the part they had the Dorman kit pictured (I've seen it a lot before) which showed the,
Water outlet housing,
Thermostat,
Thermostat cover,
and both seals!

So what I know is that the Dorman kit isn't available! and won't be for some time!
They have the Dorman part number in their system, but they don't have the item in stock!
So what do they do, to keep from losing sales, they just add the Ford part number to the Dorman part number and substitute the Ford housing for the Dorman kit!

Well that's all and good, but! I didn't get all the parts that I thought I was getting! plus I got the OEM housing that I've tried to work around NOT getting for over a month

I feel that the company did wrong in doing this kind of switch!
I've sent them three emails now (over the weekend) but as of yet I've got NO Replies!

I did tell them in all three emails that I felt ripped off!
MarkZX3