Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - New kid on the block......
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
tb1999
Focus Addict

Fan#: 44261
What I Drive: '05 ZX3 D2.3 & '03 Jag S-TYPE 4.2L

FF Reputation: 47 tb1999 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1 View Post
Which organization will you be running with? NASA/EMRA?
I will be running events with multiple clubs this year doing HPDEs, TT and races, but my long term plans are probabably going to be centered on the SCCA. So the decisions I make regarding car prep etc will be optomized for SCCA rules. I have to complete 2 SCCA races "safely" to have the novice permit converted to a full regional license, so that takes all priority for this year.

I do have great fun with EMRA and NASA, as they do put on excellent events also, but since I'm a homeowner, the importance of the liability insurance provided through the SCCA is very important to me.

If NASA was running spec focus events in the NE region, I might have committed to that series, but that option is not currently on the table.

If all goes well, I'll probably be looking to sell my focus in the spring of 2011, and move on to a RWD platform, possibly an RX7, or BMW E36, or something else along those lines without breaking the bank.

Before I turn 50 I want to be running an open wheel car or one of those sports racers with a 'busa powertrain, so I've got about 5 1/2 years to figure out how to get there.

Inventor of "The $0 Thunder Throttle" & "Focuzdax-7" brake swap.
I like the same qualities in women and pistons; Lightweight, fast, and with the smallest skirts possible...