Old 03-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
skikid89
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60687
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver Blaupunkt ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 skikid89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Going to Power Locks Questions

Hey guys. So I have a project. One of my buddies is building a freaking bad a** sedan. Thats all I'm going to say of that. He is not going to have any power stuff in this thing.

That being said, I have manual locks. His sedan came with power ones. The sedan is an 01, and mine is a ZX3 and is an 03. He was all the wiring and parts from it.

Now. Here is what I am thinking of doing. I'm going to need some help, and looking for you guys to do it. If I take his power locks, and door buttons, and the wiring. Can I make it work.

I'm not trying to tie into the car at all. I'm not trying to make it work with the factory remote. (I have an aftermarket security system that I would use for this) All I want to do is wire them up so that When you push the lock button, it locks the doors and when you hit the unlock button it unlocks the doors.

So. If I get his door latches, will they work from ZX4 to ZX3? Second, making my own wiring harness (and using bits and pieces of the stock one) can I wire them up in a way to just make the buttons work?

Thanks for any and all help!

Austin