Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Question about shifting on track
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 01:11 AM   #33
mlbbaseball
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 2 7.3 L Diesel Excursions!

Points 27,589, Level 98
Points: 27,589, Level: 98 Points: 27,589, Level: 98 Points: 27,589, Level: 98
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
To be honest w/ you, i'm still not 100% comfortable w/ heal toe footwork on the track. on the street when you do it, you don't rev match to 5 or 6k. i can do it on a track, but sometimes i really have to focus!!! Heal toe is not something to take lightly. I have a pedal extension on mine that i put on mine (take off my svt break pedal cover) and it makes it a little easier to blip, but by no means is it easy. best thing to do is go around the track SLOWLY (not 10 mph, but most definitely not so close that ur getting slight oversteer at the apex) and try to get the feel for heal toe driving. do it safely. and start off by staying in one gear too high for the laps so ur not max accell, though you will be at WOT. this will allow you to heal toe no more than 4k rpm so 1, you don't blow ur tranny, and two, don't freakin kill urself!! And I totally agree w/ age, you don't want to even attempt to do this on a track unless u have a VERY good feel for it!! Its definitely a technique for the intermediate to advanced!!

Now I rive 2 7.3 L diesel trucks!