Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - HOW TO: Install VF-Engineering P/S Mount
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
HTPerformance
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41307
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 10 HTPerformance Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusedSlayer View Post
Scrammer, I've had the C-F-M rear motor mount done in mine for about 2 weeks and it still vibrates like crazy . So I can't imagine putting all the 3 in like you did .

I have narrowed my vibrations down to 2 points 1 is around my steering column somewhere and the other is in my arm rest ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidst07 View Post
Wow and to think I'd really like to do the "dogbone" mount with urethane bushings.

After hearing about this much NVH after going to more than 1 bushing I'll reconsider. My DD is too important to me and comfort is a big factor...don't think I can handle all that vibration on a daily basis.

Nice how to though!
THE NVH can be mostly cancelled out by properly aligning the motor in the engine bay. Ford has left some adjustment in the mounting plates on the PS and DS.

Try that out. That should significantly reduce any feedback you get to through the Steering wheel.

Another way to significantly reduce the NVH if you are very concerned yet NEED the poly mounts and comfort is to fill the front frame rails with 4 or 8lb density foam. I'll post up a link later, but this has been successfully done on a number of other vehicles and you couldn't tell it was using poly or solid motor mounts. (http://www.shopmaninc.com/foam.html)

If you are in need of mounts hit us up @ www.htperformance.net!

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by HTPerformance; 03-03-2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Added link to Foam Manufacturer.