Feral
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58350
What I Drive: 1 2002 / 2 2001 Wagons

FF Reputation: 53 Feral Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by domesplit View Post
Take a picture of your engine and I can show you. to try and answer your question you can see the pcv valve looking from the top of your engine but it wraps around your engine from the front to the right side then to the back. The rubber line becomes a metal line for about 3 or 4 inches then turns right back into a rubber line and goes behind the engine and twards the bottom and may be a little hard to reach or find if you don't trace the line. Also keep in mind that the line looks way smaller than what it seems; it's about as wide as your finger.

The line on the left is the new one the one on the right is the old one. This is the line that is on the back side of the engine. If you were to trace from the PCV valve that rubber hose goes to a metal line on the right side of your engine (driver side) the after about 4 inches of metal line turns back into a rubber line, that the line in the picture.Mine was collapsed so it was hard to tell if it was bad until I found it and noticed it wasn't round at the 90 degree turn

PCV Valve and start of hose

This is a modded engine but if you look at where it says Zetec, to the right you will see a silver cap and below that is where the pcv valve is located (to the right of the heat shield with x on it. The red line represents how your pcv valve line will run. Just look at all these pics together and you will find it.

Just a FYI great pictures but the Red line goes to far behind the engine its actually located just right of the throttle body and below it :D I will get a better picture when I get my Zetecs both pulled from there cars

I know one of my zetecs has a bad one and the other has a brand new one.. I've yet to inspect my new Wagon for that since its still slime covered from the uncoating of the engine bay LOL

My Wagon Rebuild - http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217009