Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - "Official" Hawaii Photo Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #289
moodakameboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50148
What I Drive: 2004 Cloud 9 ZX3

Points 520, Level 10
Points: 520, Level: 10 Points: 520, Level: 10 Points: 520, Level: 10
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 moodakameboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
so I totally don't get this..... how the hell do you get rid of the old sideskirts??? mine appear to be part of the body
haha. mines is apart of the body too. but luckily it didnt get jacked up too much. i took it to the body shop and the guy told me that its about 4 layers of metal so either they can do a cosmetic repair which involves pulling off the front layer and make it look nice, and pull out whatever they can with the next 3 layers. so it looks fixed because the out side is nice, but behind it its still damaged a little. or the other option is to just replace the whole skirt. which would have to be ordered from ford then the body shop would weld it on.

then he told me that a lip kit would probably be a better option. either pay to fix my car to look stock, or pay about the same to make it look a little more aggressive. hah

so im pretty sure im gonna be able to just rust proof it, and then just add the aftermarket skirts on to cover it up. dont know how well its gonna mount in that area, but im sure it wont make that much of a difference.

i need to find some svt skirts for cheap, wanna see if anyone has anything locally. anyone know?