Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Winter Build Thread: 2.0/2.3L FrankenMotor version2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #84
honhon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 24778
What I Drive: a better car than a focus.

FF Reputation: 219 honhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
ive already discussed with tom on tuning the motor. and after its tuned and running well, and the clutch is broken in. ill probably take a trip to CFM and have it dynoed

im un-certain about the interior... i know i want these items:

corbeua TRS seats
corbeau cam lock harnesses
nardi steering wheel with a NRG quickrelease
SVT pedals w/ the redline dead pedal (this is an iffy.. as i might take some skateboard tape and just tape over the pedals instead, to improve grip)

and the rest, im in the air about, i kinda want an OEM feal to the car. but then again, ive seen some very nice gutted cars where they had the interior paint matched to the exterior, and its just as glossy and such.

and of course, i plan on deleting the a/c so the air box and everything from under the dash will be tossed... and that makes me lean more towards a gutted interior, and also to save weight, and sinse once the seats are in with the harnesses, and this motor actually goes in, the car wont be a daily driver anymore.

so im kinda leaning towards a gutted interior, with a flat black floor(reduce glare) and then the rest, like the side metal and roof and pillars all liquid grey.

and if money permits, i really want to make panels for the doors and rear seat area for the sides out of carbon fiber, OR a light sheet of alluminum maybe painted liquid grey or wrapped in suede.

whats everyone's ideas? stripped or what?