Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Add Yourself to the Focus Fanatics Map!!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:59 AM   #25
domesplit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19448
What I Drive: 2002 ZX5 and 2003 SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 domesplit Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah but do you feel a difference even by the seat of your pants? I'm sure after all the mods you've done you gotta feel a HP difference. What you should do is add an intake manifold to work as a team with the exhaust, intake and throttle body you added. Is your mass air flow sensor's housing diameter wider than stock? Did you get a tune after all your upgrades? It's not about certain mods you add but how your whole engine works as a team.

My dad used to drag race and he couldn't stress that point to other racers enough. They used to buy expensive parts and have the best vehicles but they couldn't figure out how his cheap ass vehicle with cheap mods could beat them. It's all about how you upgrade your engine evenly. If you have 1 bad (cheap or un-upgraded) horse of a team of six and the other 5 horses (race horses) take up the slack it will slow up the whole team. Hell, the bad horse may as well be a donkey. I've also heard from a lot of people on this site that an exhaust manifold is one of the best upgrades you can do to a focus.

With the mods you have I suspect you need to buy a few more things and you will be king of the streets=) But what do I know? I didn't learn too much because my dad was always out to sea. I'm just learning about engines now but feel this is my calling. My di** gets hard everytime I work on a engine, I guess like father like son.

I'm still wondering about dyno's in Oahu and how much they cost, anybody know?