Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - CFM Tubular Front Control Arms NOW AVAILABLE!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #68
slowmazda3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58220
What I Drive: a rental

Points 683, Level 13
Points: 683, Level: 13 Points: 683, Level: 13 Points: 683, Level: 13
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 slowmazda3 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1999 View Post
CFMFOCUS2

William,

I just want to lend some support as one of your customers of the past 18 months. CFM is a reputable outfit caught in the middle of an issue that is the product of unknown circumstances from a supplier.

Please keep us all up-to-date on what you learn from blue-moon.

I would not be concerned about their lack of details discussed in chat-rooms at the moment. If they are professionals from an aerospace industry then they are fully aware of all aspects of product liability and will not openly discuss details or speculation until they are finished with their tests and arrive at a final and thoroughly documented conclusion.

I'm not sure why slowMaz-duh3 is all infuriated over this situation, the fella on focal jet with the bent bumper and busted LCA is not even flaming CFM and the Focal Jet crowd all appear to be keeping their heads screwed on tight, working with CFM and offering constructive input! I hope slowMaz-Duh3 is also aware that if he continues to levy accusations about CFM's knowledge or lack of testing without first hand info about the facts may become eligible as a defendant to a defamation/slander lawsuit. You can't just publish any BS about someone or a company in a public forum, it's illegal!

Slander (noun)

1.saying of something false or damaging

the act or offense of saying something false or malicious that damages somebody's reputation

2.false and damaging statement

a false and malicious statement that damages somebody's reputation

I'm not sure what statute would apply here, but since we are all in different states of this fine union, I would expect that in this case it would be a Federal offense, known as "Fel-on-ious Slander".

Has a nice ring, eh?

By the way, Happy New Year and I need to speak with you about an Innovate LM-1 that crapped out on me, I'll call you during the week.
The statements that I made are not slander because they were based upon speaking directly with the manufacturer themselves. Their method of testing was beta testing the arms with various volunteers and then sending them out. There was no heat cycling, impact testing, or tensile testing on the structure.

It is common practice for manufacturers to recall entire batches because of one or two failures (see Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake). There is nothing to your argument, sorry.

Before you go spitting shit about MazDUH, why don't you look at performance statistics and how the technicals of the C1 global platform were in large part designed by MazDUH and used by Ford.

My point is a vendor should not continue voluntarily distributing products that have had a failure that has gone uninvestigated.