Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #87
SVTsurfer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55381
What I Drive: 2002 Red SVTF

FF Reputation: 6 SVTsurfer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
1. Randy @ FocusSport
2. SCT Xcal3
3. $379
4. 2 weeks

I received my SCT Xcal3 flasher from Randy a little over a week ago and I would like to post up a review for you folks here at FJ. So far I have been thoroughly satisfied with the tune! Even since the first time I started the car I could notice the difference! Smoother idle, no hanging revs, less raspy exhaust and improved throttle response (just to name a few things). The car certainly feels stronger when upshifting and doesn't bog in between shifts anymore. Additionally, judging by my butt-dyno the car has also gotten a few more hp/tq as well.

**Drag Launch**
I LOVE this feature and I think that it is an absolute MUST for anyone who has a tune! On my Xcal3 there is an option to set a neutral rev limiter otherwise known as "drag launch" and it works amazing! This may work on the Xcal2 or the diablo but i am not sure... Taping down the CPP (clutch pedal position) switch or zip-tying it as I did is necessary for this feature to work but once this mod is in place and the tune is set it works wonderfully. I currently have the neutral rev limit set to 3000 RPM and what the tune does is bounce your RPMs at 3000 as long as your car is sitting still even with your foot to the floor! So, now with your foot all the way on the floor and the RPMs sitting at 3000 you can get a near perfect launch every time! The only thing that is needed is the proper amount of feathering once the clutch begins to engage. I am still getting used to it and I may change the rev limit from 3000 to something a little higher once i get more familiar with it. For now it works great though and anyone who has not tried it should definitely give it a shot!

So there we have it... The SCT Xcal3 from Randy was worth every penny!