Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Common Ford Focus Transmission Problem, How to fix
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #24
Steve89
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 61870
What I Drive: 1991 Ford Ranger

FF Reputation: 1 Steve89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey,

I just thought I'd post and let other people know that this is great information.

A friend of mines daughters '03 Focus had a transmission problem, (something with the pinion bearing) and he went out and bought a used tranny from the wreckers. Well, after it had been installed there was no fourth gear when overdrive was enabled.

He asked me if I could fix the problem or at least give him advice before he brought it back to the transmission shop. Well, after 10 minutes on google, I came across this post and it matched the symptoms exactly. Popped the oil pan off and the clips for two of the solenoids were all broken a beaten up. I'm pretty sure it was from the wrecker yard throwing the transmission around(old tranny pan was beaten to shit). Since I had access to the old transmission, I just took the solenoids off of that one. Had to re-solder a new plug for the solenoid in and replaced both beaten up solenoids.

Put her all back together, and the car shifted perfectly. My friend and his daughter are relieved to finally have the car working properly again.

Thanks

-Steve