Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Rubbing compound and swirl mark remover?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
TommyBlackST
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51817
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ST

FF Reputation: 1 TommyBlackST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
got my car back from the body shop...junkman's truck dropped stuff right in front of me...got the hood and some of the driver side...my car looks like crap with all the swirls and the paint job absolutely sucked...I used the company previously...got keyed.. and paid with my own money and they did a great job...insurance paid for this and it looks like they took sand paper and did the wax on wax off from karate kid...I am gonna have to totally work my butt off to hopefully get my car back to what was pristine condition before this happened...I don't have an orbital so I guess I am gonna need to do all I can to make it right again by hand...ticks me off to no end and I am no detailer, but I guess I am about to learn how...not trusting my car to the body shop and can't pay a bunch of money for someone else to do it If I did have the money to spend I am having trust issues with people working on the exterior of my car...I love my car, but right now I wish I didn't own it cuz it looks so bad...

EDIT: I found this orbital buffer thing called a Porter-Cable 7424 and found out about different pads and how to use it watching this really long you tube video...I will be able to hopefully re-take my car's paint back....I hope it is as easy to use or learn to use as the 15 min video indicated...
ST CREW #84

Last edited by TommyBlackST; 01-09-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: PORTER CABLE