Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Official Ford Focus Turbo / Supercharger Kit Feedback
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #36
Hitokiri
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14545
What I Drive: 2001 Rainforest Green Ford Focus ZX3

Points 259, Level 5
Points: 259, Level: 5 Points: 259, Level: 5 Points: 259, Level: 5
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Hitokiri Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Kit Name: Procharger
Cost Rating 1-10: 8
Support Rating 1-10: 6
Quality Rating 1-10: 7
Price:Bought second hand - $2500 (supercharger), $100 - 42# injectors, tons of $$$$ on tuning..

I have a Procharger Supercharger and have had it on for nearly a year.

So far I like it. The install itself was pretty straight forward even though there were some tie up due to the AC plumbing and some issues with clearance with the stock radiator. Besides those two issue the install was a piece of cake. The only time we needed a power tool was to take off the stock crank pulley.

6 months after the install the bearing located outside the supercharger seemed to be seizing so my brother and I replace it ourselves. It wasn't easy since we had to use a pulley puller to take it off but once we got it off we replaced the pulley and the supercharger ran just as well as before and a lot quieter.

As for the power - I wish it had more low end torque but that's centrifugal superchargers for you. After 3,000 RPMs this thing comes alive and starts pulling endlessly to 7,000 RPMs. The pull isn't like a turobcharger which pulls you back in your seat right away it's more like riding in a torque fill naturally aspirated motor (oxymoron when talking about a 4 banger but stay with me). The "pull" is steady and easy to control but isn't jerky like a turbo motor would be. I like it and I compare the pull to a S2000 just with more torque.

The technical support from Procharger is sort of foggy. My tuner called them a few times and talked to some of their reps but my tuner said he wasn't sure how much knowledge those guys actually knew about the charger itself - my tuner seemed some what frustrated. I call Procharger myself on questions about changing the bearing and they basically told me "Send it to us we'll take care of it.." which is fine but I ended up doing things myself. I don't mind Procharger wanting to help but when the only answer you get is "Give it to us.." it gets tiring.

Planning to tune the Procharger with a FMIC and maybe a 3" MAF tubing. Want to reach 220-230 WHP.
'01 Rainforest Green ZX3 - Procharger Supercharger, Focus SVT header/catalytic converter/flexpipe, 2.5" FSWerks "stealth" exhaust system, FC 65mm TB, 42 lbs injectors, retuned SCT chip, and Clutchmasters Stage 3 clutch - 200 HP/170 TQ to the ground