Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - H Stock legal upgrades
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
ronnycage
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 61444
What I Drive: 2001, black, honda s2000/07 focus

FF Reputation: 1 ronnycage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschj View Post
Howdy back:

Thanks for that info. Yes, I'm still reading and interping the SCCA rule book. Any advice or suggestions on a good tire for 16" stock type rims? "Good" meaning dual purpose street and autoXing.

Adios, David
ok i joined for some h stock info and ive been heavily researching this.

Id run the hooiser a6's kumho 710s or victoracers. they are all good, they heat up quickly and they are good for dry grip.

tires like the yokohama a048s and bfgoodrich gforce and michelin sport cups etc... all take too long to heat up and respond at better at higher tire temps 160 degrees and beyond. by the time you achieve that temperature your runs are done. def look into a good auto x tire dont settle on azenis unless your on a budget.

16s in a 205 45 16 should do you or a good 205 50 15 I think should be fine.

street/auto x I feel the yokohama s drives or the azenis will be fine... if your serious about autoX pick up a second set of wheels and let it rip!

---------------------------------------------------------
konis are legal as long as theres no more then 2 adjustments and im pretty sure just dampening and non ride height or spring pre load works. someone correct me if im wrong.
auto x for life!