View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #12
CopperMach
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42945
What I Drive: 2002 Copper Mach Audio Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 10 CopperMach Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Ok I installed my braided lines on my car a couple weeks ago. Took me a little while to get around to posting the photo's. Just happened that the day after I made the pieces to make it work an SVT focus came into the shop. It already had braided lines on it. I took pictures of it as well to show what the setup is suppose to look like. I basically just copied the path that the single rubber line takes that comes with the svt rear brake kit for my car.

This is the SVT Setup:

This is the route that the rubber line that comes with the SVT rear kit takes:

I made up a couple of hard lines to connect the two pieces of the braided rear brake line. They are just under 3" long and have a bubble-flare on both ends.

Connecting the two lines together makes it a little longer than the rubber line but it works well:

Once installed on the vehicle it looks like:

It is working great on my car. Had I taken a look at the SVT focus setup before I had already made up my lines I might have tried to follow the route that it was intended to go. However my way is definetely easier. Hope this helps anyone who had questions about the installation of the two piece setup on a vehicle that did not come equiped with the hard line.