Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Car Audio and Installer Employees ONLY!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #34
andrewjay84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61141
What I Drive: 2012 RAM 1500 Sport

FF Reputation: 6 andrewjay84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
you gotta love stupid ppl. i work for circuit city store #3185. ive been doing car audio for 5.5 years. ive worked on many greats and many dumps! ill try to find some pics. worst was an 81 cutlass lifted to accomadate 24 inch wire wheels, painted hot pink with the interior airbrushed with pictures of tweety bird. took the guy like 5 minutes to pull it in my shop (i wasnt gona try and manuver a vehicle that cant turn the damn wheels,) forward, reverse, forward, reverse, forward, and so on and on! had us look at it saying his friend installed the system and now his lights, heat, dash cluster wouldnt work. now this was a horrible install job, but the issue wasnt related to his system. i told him to talk to they guy who lifted it. there was only one ground on the battery and it went straight to the engine block. whenever we had two guys in the car, everything would work when they got out and the car lifted back from the weight of the installers, everything would stop working. as high as the car sat when nobody was in it i was a enough to break the ground that the motor provided to the chasis. the motor and starting the car was never affected because of it being carborated and also being the only component to recieve a ground. so i got $250.00 to laugh my ass of at the site of this car and give the car 3 more grounding points.