Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Had my first Auto-X on sunday and im not too happy..
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #28
wrc_fan
slow

Fan#: 11913
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Duratec 08 WRX Hatch

FF Reputation: 23 wrc_fan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUGcatsvt View Post
^^Not really.. Z06 Langinfelter (upgraded brakes and suspension) that was driven by one of the drivers that competes heavily in SCCA championships. Whipped him by a second. He also Drove a couple more of the vettes and I still had a better time. Vettes are better for Road Courses.
You should come up to SCR SCCA some time LOL, there are a couple of 'vettes that run very, very, fast. I'm not going to disagree with you that tight autox courses will be quite a handful for a corvette. Though there is a C5 Z06 that is wicked fast that runs SM2, but sometimes the car is just a bit too wide;). Though there is a C4 vette that runs AS up in Charlotte that will take FTD sometimes. The driver is very good:)

Though that is a fun thing about autocross, you can always point at "faster" cars that you beat for the day. In fact, at our big event at Michelin proving grounds in september, I was a second faster than a 2nd gen Viper

He was whining thoughout the day, , something about not being able to get heat into his 325??(maybe bigger) Hoosiers

"Hella Functional - Raced, Not Hard Parked"