sporadic
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12724
What I Drive: 06 Sonic Blue ZX5 SES turbo

FF Reputation: 61 sporadic Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
THAT was a fun read man, thanks. Learning more and more on the Dtec and turbo'ing it. cool stuff.
Thanks!

I'm trying to decide what to do next with this project.
I wish I could say I'm 100% happy with the final result, but I'd like to see the car make power all the way to 7000 rpm.
I'm not sure if I can do that with the small turbo I have on there right now, or if I'll need to go to a slightly larger turbo.
I've been looking into T3's that will fit with minor fabrication.
The SVO turbo is a T3 that the Thunderbird guys swap in to upgrade their IHI.

Admitedly I've also looked at those Chinese/ebay T3/T4 hybrids.
They're so incredibly cheap that surely there's something wrong with them.
I'd love to use the Garret turbo used by Focus Sport in their Duratec kit, but that turbo alone is $1k and I'll need to fabricate a new exhaust manifold.
So ideally I need to find a T3 with equivalent flow characterisics as that Garret they use.

Next issue is tuning.
While my tune is "ok", it could be better since my tuner Don LaSota attempted to tune my car with a bad wastegate actuator.
I haven't been able to make it back to him for another proper dyno tune session since he's 3.5 hrs away and I have a new son.
I've been tossing around the idea of tuning the car myself with the SCT Pro Racer Package software.

So there's a lot of questions outstanding for this project, but the car runs strong and nothing is breaking.

This being my first forced induction project I have to say I'm pleased with the result.