Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Want to learn to really drive your Focus??
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #13
Surfit
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 31460
What I Drive: 2003 Rediculous Red SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Surfit Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Club: SCDA
Track: Lime Rock Park
Number of days: 7 or so.
Vehicle: 2003 SVT Focus (basically stock) and sometimes my father's Z06 when he lets me :)

I have about 7 track days behind me now all at Lime Rock Park. I used to work in Marketing there and it's the closest. The EMS staff highly recommended SCDA and PDA in the name of safety. I remember watching "other clubs" out on track while in meetings and seeing and hearing of very dangerous/foolish stuff sometimes. SCDA and PDA do not tolerate "yahoos". You also usually find many of the students in much higher level of nice cars there which is fun too (Ferrari, Porsches, Lotus, Lambo, blah blah blah).

The higher performance driving schools are the best and safest way to learn. Maybe they are more expensive but much safer and a great amount of track time. The in car instructors are excellent and friendly. The classroom instruction is also great truly giving you a judgement free education on driving technique and logic. Ask Questions?!

It is so much fun every time I get out on track. I can't wait to drive at more tracks when I have the time and extra money for travel.

To sum up, track days have made me a more confident, aware, and conscientious driver. It has helped lessen that "need for speed" and provided a fun and safe environment to drive.

Just make sure your car is safe and ready for the event. Tires and brakes especially. You cannot afford to skimp on safety at any events like this. The speeds involved can kill.
Still basically bone stock 2003 SVT Focus. Energy Suspension control arm bushings, ES sway bar bushings, Moog front and rear sway bar end links, Hawk HPS Plus brake pads, Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tires (best performance addition by far!).