Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - lateral headlight adjustment, 05-07
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56816
What I Drive: 2006 white ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Member bluefront Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Update.....I had the headlight housings off today, and got a chance to examine the mounts closely. Doing the adjustment mod looks to be possible, without much trouble. I suspect you could get 5-8 degrees adjustment.

How.....there are two location dowels that prevent adjustment. On my car I need the headlights to pivot outward slightly. To do this you would cut off the inner dowel on each side (closest to the center grill). You would also have to enlarge the upper mount holes in the headlight housing....and do a small amount of trimming of the outer bracket.

Now when finished, you would loosen the two upper mount bolts, and manually pivot the housing. This would involve some trials, and some road tests to get it set right. But it will work.

This mod I'm saving for next spring.....but it's possible if you're picky, or maybe your headlights are way out because of an accident.