Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Car Audio and Installer Employees ONLY!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #25
Kipp
FocusFest Event Team

Fan#: 31300
What I Drive: 2013 F150 4x4 SCrew 5.0

FF Reputation: 9 Kipp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
oh yeah, we've all had our horror stories. had some kid come in with his camaro cause the fuse kept blowing on the power. tried to say that we installed it. til i found out that the power wire was ran right next to the header, under the car and up through the pass floorboard and was grounding out on the header it had melted to. then he said that maybe him and his dad had installed it.
also had a guy come in in a tahoe that was havin issues. a friend had installed it and there was no fuse on the power and the end was stripped and just twisted around the bolt for the jump start bolt. and there was a wire looped from the constant on the amp straight to the turn on so it was always on. took a while to explain why it needed to be completely redone.
and i always get people buying the scosche amp kit at walmart and wanting us to use that to install some knockoff 2000W amp and doesn't understand that there is a quality difference in the wiring compared to ours and why I wont use it.
and there's always the kid that doesn't wanna pay our labor or parts (usually on a headunit) so they have a friend do the install and come back the next day saying it doesn't work and then get pissed when i have to charge double what i origonally quoted to first fix what their friend messed up cutting wires and then install it the proper way.

one of my favs was somene that brought in a 2 channel amp and wanted me too hook it up to all four stock seakers and a sub. lol
Midwest Crew #22
Official FocusFest Event Planner