Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Just had timing belt and water pump changed now car is overheating?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
DanielW
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58023
What I Drive: 2001 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 1 DanielW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just had timing belt and water pump changed now car is overheating?!?!?

ok so I just had some maintenance done on my car like 50 miles ago. I had the water pump, timing belt, tensioner, fuel pump, and brakes all changed. When I left the mechanics shop I noticed the car was running much better but there was a slight whine coming from the engine that would increase in pitch the faster I went. eventually it seemed to go away and the car was running great until about an hour ago. I pulled into school and right as i pulled into the parking deck i smelled the smell of a car overheating. I looked around to see who it was but as i continued through the deck the smell followed. I the pulled into a parking spot and saw the dreaded steam rising from the hood of the car. So its deffinitely overheating. What could be the problem? I bought the water pump from partstrain.com and when it came it said it was remanufactured. could it be bad? or is there something the mechanic could've screwed up? Please help!!! this is my daily driver and i need her running