Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Security lock-box for the trunk....
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #21
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Now we're having some fun!! Just remember to check and know your state laws BEFORE you start playing with guns.

For instance; Washington State is an "open carry" state, meaning you can legally carry a holstered handgun as long as it's NOT concealed, no permit/license required. Whatever you do though, don't put your coat on and accidentally conceal that weapon, then a valid concealed weapons permit is required.

The trick is that you CAN NOT have a loaded handgun (concealed or not) in your car without a valid concealed weapons permit.

WA. State Law:

(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any
vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a
concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's
person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times
that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from
the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and
concealed from view from outside the vehicle.
(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

So I legally can't just find a good spot to hide the gun; it has to be hidden and locked up when I'm not in the car.

And the way our courts work nowadays, some prick breaks into my car, steals my gun and uses it to rob a bank, and somehow it's my fault if the gun was only hidden and not locked up.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6