Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 04:40 AM   #130
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56816
What I Drive: 2006 white ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Memberbluefront Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
It's pretty obvious many of these cars have suffered some very expensive problems, more so than the people reporting no problems at all. But there haven't been very many responses to this poll, compared to the FF membership. And it's well known that cars with problems, as well as everything else with problems, are likely to be reported more frequently than cars with no problems.

Then there's the warranty thing.....do people consider it a problem at all if the repair was free? Hard to say.... I'd guess however that a completely trouble-free Focus after five years, is a rare bird.

My Focus is less than three years old, with about 27K on it. I've had five warranty repairs in the six months I've owned it, including the latest....a driver door lock actuator. Compare that to virtually no repairs other than standard maintenance to my previous "95 Sentra, which had 140K on it. So far this Ford doesn't compare favorably to my cheap Sentra.