lukeykookey
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 60291
What I Drive: focus

FF Reputation: 1 lukeykookey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking These diagrams may help

Hi all,

I was completely confused by all this, looking to get the motor out through the glovebox.

After searchingn for aaageas and actually paying someone, I now have diagrams which I shall share with y'all!

Firstly go into the glovebox. Push the sides of the glovebox in, each side at a time to give the rubber bungs clearance. On the left there is a little black piece of plastic like a hinge, push this to the right and it will undo. Then drop the box right down. Remove the screw directly facing you, you can see the top of this part here

Then remove the felt like panel that is UNDER the glovebox, there is one row of 3 phillips screws, ignore these completely. Look lower. There are actually 3 phillips scrivets (screws and rivet combo) here. Carefully undo the screws - if you push too hard they will go back in - then pull them out with their housing.

You get under the blower this way. Then undo the three phillips screws from underneath, one on each side and one at the back.

And bobs your uncle. There is a grey clip on the electrical connector, push it towards the connector and pull.

Installation is the reverse of removal.

Hope this helps.