Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ractive intake system works great!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 09:02 PM   #7
johngyver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10927
What I Drive: 2002 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 johngyver Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd hate to sound harsh but most intakes I see offered on the market are made of metal. So why try to bash the Ractive intake on that point? The only non metal intake pipe that I know of is the stock plastic tube from Ford. As far as the heat issue you brought up I live in Texas where heat is the only thing that is constant. I installed the unit In July which is one of our hottest months. The difference between the stock air intake system and the Ractive is very noticable. I have to restate that the performance gain was more than I was expecting. Um, you live in the city known as "Mile High" which makes you an expert in snow related topics. Leave heat related issues to parts of the country that actually have heat. Denver weather is well below our heat index. Now I am not saying that the Ractive is the best air intake out on the market BUT for less than $100 you can buy an intake that looks good, sounds good and most importantly works far better than the stock system.... and by the way.... it is the only air intake system that comes with both the zetec and the SPI mounting hardware that I know of. The cone filter can be replaced for $3 with a larger one if it bothers you that much, however, it works just fine (actually far better than the stock) down here in the Texas heat. The system is worth every penny. You don't have to modify your SPI TB to install it either. It is of great quality and it looks good. I am sorry but I have to disagree with your assessment of the Ractive intake system. :)