Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Do I need adjustable control arms or will camber bolts be enough?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElNotto View Post
Thank you guys, rep for you all!

I will get the camber bolts but probably not until spring; I plan on getting snow tires for the winter and I will just watch for excessive wear.

I was finally able to get a scan made of the alignment report, yes it does show what spec is. Hopefully this will help other wagon owners in the future. Based on these numbers, should I ask for anything different when I take it for an alignment in the spring after I get the camber bolts on?

Thanks for posting the printout! I looked at it and the wagon does vary from a standard focus but not too significantly as I assumed. The biggest difference is with rear settings. The wagon allows less rear camber and less allowable toe-in. The max negative camber for a wagon is -1.8* vs. 2.3* for a non-wagon. The rear toe-in range for the wagon is 0.05" to 0.15" vs. 0.08 to 0.18" for the non-wagon.

That said, it appears your rear camber is very near the maximum allowed for negative camber. They put rear toe-in right in the middle of the range. I think the combination of those two could promote some accelerated rear tire wear. My preference would be to adjust the camber to below -1.5* and get that toe-in number down to the minimum allowable of 0.05". Up front they have it at maximum allowable toe-out. Keep an eye on that to see if any wear occurs. If so I'd reduce it to about -0.01" to -0.02"

Once again, thanks for the print-out.