Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - HOW-TO: Mechanical CEL Fix for a Header
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:06 AM   #71
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 267 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
I done this, double non-fouler with the drilled out one for the 02 sensor. I still get the code PO420 which is just saying the 2 sensors are similar in readings, I just use the code reader & erase. The other thing you will get is a rich running smell from the tailpipe due to not having a "cat". Haven't gotten into the computer yet to see if I can recalibrate the fuel mixture to a leaner mix but I will let you know.

I run the OBX style header (shorty) with the down pipe, kept the "res" & running a Flowtech Raptor muffler. I also have the "long" style cold air intake system.
You really need to take a trip to a dyno, one with a MasterTech or SCT flash capabilities if you have an XCal. It will be well worth the cost due to your mods and conditions- you should get an increase in power and fuel economy.

I'm wondering why this didn't get put up in the stickied threads list. My apologies SYZ.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.