Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Dual-tone twin horns for Focus.
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56816
What I Drive: 2006 white ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Memberbluefront Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Dual-tone twin horns for Focus.

My '06 came with a single horn....not too bad, but you can do better. I bought a set of horns from O'Riley......(Flamm El Grande #74100 $20). These happen to be the same brand as the Ford horn.....and are mostly the same. You can use the Ford bracket on the driver side. And on the passenger side, you can use the bracket that came with the set. I mounted the passenger side using the front mount bolt for the receiver-drier. You don't have to drill any holes.

But you do have to make a new wire harness. I spliced into the Ford harness at the Ford horn plug......one short harness goes to the new horn on the driver side, and a longer harness goes over to the passenger side. It uses standard size spade connectors. This horn set was made to be used in addition to the stock horn, and it came with a horn relay. I didn't use the relay, and the current draw for the two new horns didn't blow the stock fuse.....so the wiring is simple. The ground is through the bracket/frame, so you only need to run a single wire. The Ford wire to use for the 12v line is orange.

These two horns are definitely louder than the single Ford horn, and sound much nicer. Happy modding.....