Originally Posted by Pingouin
Thanks exsodius! I've had the same problem for a while, looked everywhere for a solution, all of them failed (including fuse 63 check and spraying inside the locks in case they stuck), but now you give me new hope! Heck, I even tried the Russian fix by banging on the door!
Now I need to figure out how to get to the lock unit!
Sorry i didn't answer before. How long have you come with the disassembling?
It has been a long time since i did this thread, but my memory can return bit for bit.
I have got a new tip that might work without disassembling anything.
You know the 3 torx screws at the end of the door, the one that is lowest on the door and that is closest to the cabin. Unscrew that one. This hole is right over the microswitch. If you spray WD-40 into this hole it will run down to the switch and lubricate it. The best have been to use a tube or something to get the spray beam to go right downwards. If this works you will save a lot of time.
I am not 100% it will work, but last time i disassemled everything i tried to look at the lock unit too see if there was an easier way to lubricate, and if i remember correctly the switch is about 2 inches under that hole from the outside of the door. I even thought about drilling a hole under these 3 torx that goes directly into the microswitch, and put plastic plug into it. That would have been an easy modfix/ service hole.
Sorry about my english but i'm norwegian.